Friday, January 9, 2009

Classroom Visits

I visited all second grade classes this week and one first grade classroom. I saw great teaching and learning taking place, and I know we are moving toward our goal of raising student achievement. I took a few photos of some of the visits to share with you. This will give you an opportunity to get a glimpse of what is taking place in other classes. I will continue to share with you as I visit classes this semester. Have a wonderful weekend. (Sorry Mrs. Harben, the pictures did not come out well that I took in your room.)





Sandra Moore's class transitioned to the next activity by arranging themselves from shortest to tallest without talking. Great problem solving!











Natalie's Nelson's class were involved in small group reading instruction and wrting acrostic poems using winter words.








Hannah Hardy's class were working on their character books. They use our monthly character words to create these books, and they publish a writing piece for the hallway each month using these words. The students were also involved in literacy stations while Mrs. Hardy was assessing individual students using Dominie.



















The students in Stephanie Collins class were participating in small group reading instruction and literacy stations.


















Rebecca Moore works with small groups of second grade students to provide support for improving reading skills.

No comments: